The burgers retain their moisture and juiciness thanks to grated Granny Smith apples, and the addition of mango chutney imparts a vibrant flavour and a hint of sweetness. The burgers should be served with the cheese of your choice (provolone goes very well with these), lettuce, tomatoes, and additional mango chutney on the side.
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup Major Grey’s mango chutney
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 6 slices of provolone cheese (optional)
- 6 pieces of lettuce (optional)
- 6 slices of tomato (optional)
Bring the grill up to temperature for direct cooking over a medium flame (350-450 degrees).
2. In a bowl of medium size, mix all of the ingredients together with a light hand. Form into six patties each weighing 8 ounces.
Place the turkey patties on the grill and cook them for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking process, over direct medium heat. Keep the lid covered as much as possible.
When I serve these burgers, I like to put them on buns made with whole grains and top them with lettuce, tomato, and either more mango chutney or Dijon mustard.
Enjoy the Meal 🙂
Please share your feedback in the comment box.
You can find here another recipe of How to grill turkey burgers please click below to watch the video: