The following items are required for cleaning griddle to remove a sticky griddle surface:
- Metal spatula or flat-top grill or griddle scraper
- a bunch of paper towels or kitchen towels
- Seasoning Oil Seasoning Bottle or Cup (Grape-seed, Olive, or Avocado)
- Tongs (optional)
How to clean Griddle (Traditional Way)
Follow these instructions for cleaning the Griddle:
Use a metal spatula or griddle scraper to remove all leftover grease and food while the griddle is cooling.
- Pour some water onto the griddle top using a water bottle. It need to be hot enough to boil off and cause vapour.
- Scrape away the extra water as soon as possible. As the water boils off deep in the open pours on the griddle top, the food buildup is released and you will see the water becoming very foul very rapidly.
- Kitchen cloth should be folded into a small, thick square (5′′ x 5′′ is preferred), but this can be estimated without measuring.
- Once the griddle is steaming, add more water and, using tongs or a scraper, move the folded cloth all around the surface and along the griddle walls.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the flat top grill surface is clean, smooth, and ready for reseasoning. Refold the Cloth for a clean side.
Blackstone Griddle Cleaning Procedures
- Pour some dishwashing liquid soap into your bucket, then fill it with warm water and stir to combine.
Swish some soapy water over your microfiber towel. Roughly squeeze until wet but not pouring.
- With a moist cloth, clean the grill stovetop to get rid of any dust particles and loose dirt. As you wipe the entire surface, make sure to rinse the cloth in the cleaning solution a few times.
- Remove the soapy water from your bucket and replace it with fresh, warm water. To remove the soap from the stovetop, dip your towel into the clean water, wring it out, and then wipe it down.
- Use paper towels to dry the surface of the stove. Prior to seasoning it, allow it to air-dry for a short while.
- Then, set the heat on your Blackstone Griddle to high.
The stovetop will start to become dark after 10 to 15 minutes.
To the cooking surface, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaxseed oil. You can use the cooking oil of your choice.
- Avoid using excessive oil because it could make the grill sticky.
- To apply the oil to the surface, massage it in with a few paper towels. Use tongs to roll up the paper towels on the hot surface while wearing heat-resistant gloves.
- Make careful to oil the grill’s sides and corners as well.
Until the oil burns out and the smoke stops, keep the heat on all burners at a high setting.